Checks for correctness Based on the data types, i.e. no text in numeric values, permitted date formats, etc.
This validation type is performed on Web applications in the Web browser and on the Web server.
Error texts come from the runtime and are language-specific.
Expressions can be used to define a permissible value range.
- 1 … (DV11.F6000971-0.1)
- <= Time.GetTimePart(Time.TimeUnit.Year, Time.GetNowDate()) && > 1900
For web applications, this validation type is run only on the web server.
The error text comes from the runtime and is language-specific, but can also be adapted using the InvalidValueMessage property (is currently not language-specific).
AcceptedValues with Regular Expressions
This type of validation is performed on web applications in the web browser and on the web server.
- /[0-5]*/ Any number of 0-5 values
AcceptedValues with logical expression
In addition to the previous variant in which comparisons are made with the value of the field, any logical expressions can be specified in this variant.
- Time.Diff(Time.TimeUnit.Day, DV1.F6000319.T6000023.F6000359, DV1.F6000323) <= 180
- Checking takes place when values are changed by input controls, when using set functions and when saving.
Visualization of errors
- For web applications , a red frame and an error text as tooltip
- For desktop applications, a red frame and error text is displayed below the control.
- Error text is also written to error logging.